Saturday 7 August 2010

Friday

Buongiorno

My last day on the site.
It looked like rain on the way in and there were a couple of rainbows in the sky. I took my camera with me to get some pictures of the lizards. But there were not to be seen anywhere. They must have sensed that there was going to be rain.




Started work on the remaining spoil from Area C and managed to recover a few more pieces of iron a larger piece of lead, some copper Alloy and one coin. While doing the same spoil heap I was asked to check two smaller heaps as they were being made from Area A. This area was more important at that stage and so I had three spoil heaps on the go at once. The two smaller ones went on to produce about 5 small pieces of iron and nothing else.

Rain stopped work at about 9.45 so we broke early for the morning break. After the break I managed to finish the 3 heaps in time for lunch, while all around me the work was being wound down for the end of this season.



I was sorry to see it come to an end. But who knows the the future may bring!
Lunch time bought group photographs and then a guided tour.

Nicola Terrenato leading the final 'trench tour' for 2010.


I did manage to find one lizard that came out after the rain.

Gabii arrivederci

For those of you who wish to see more here are a couple of links. Enjoy

Gabii Home Page

Official Blog

Gabii on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment