Monday 2 August 2010

Back Home


Well I must say that the week went quick.
It was a shame I did not have a laptop or similar with me to update this daily so I shall use each day this week to post a little about the trip and how things went.

Sunday
Left home at 2am to get the bus to London Stansted airport the flight left shortly after 6am and we arrived approximately 9.25 local time.
Departed from the plane straight into a heat I was not used to. So I stuck to my daft idea and got acclimatised by walking from the airport to the hotel! Not too far but with blisters and lack of drink I arrived about 4 hours later. (Lack of drink because the route I took everything was shut because it was Sunday.) note to self (twit)
Scenery was so different to home and enjoyed great parts of it.

I checked in and went straight to my room and into the shower - absolute bliss}:-)
After my shower I asked directions to the town and was told nothing would be open. being Sunday. But I went exploring anyway. Found a bar open that had soft drinks in a cooler inside the door and ice creams, so I treated my self and sat down on a nice seated walk area where I saw the Villa Aldobrandini (Villa Belvedere)it was impressive to say the least.
Pictures above.


After getting back to the hotel I set the alarm clock using the satellite button to set it for local time and had a rest.
I slept and awoke at what the clock said was 7.15 so got ready for dinner and went in search of someone from the project. However dinner was already underway! So I chose not to walk in and went back to my room. It was not until the following morning after missing breakfast and almost missing the bus that I realised something was wrong with the clock?

Watched a bit of Italian television and went to bed early, ready for my first day on site in the morning. But that is tomorrows story.

No comments:

Post a Comment